In the last few weeks, I've heard a few players inquire about COVID and how it might impact LARPing this summer. I wanted to be transparent and just mention that we have already started communication with the Girl Scouts of Colorado to look at what options we have in case of a need to change our plans. At this point, we have not made any decisions one way or another, but we are looking at contingency plans as we get closer. We will continue to communicate any decisions or information as they are made. If you have any questions at all regarding COVID and its impact to Hollow Dawn, don't hesitate to reach out to email@example.com.
It's nearing the end of March, so the Hollow Dawn Steering Committee recently met to discuss Covid-19 and its possible impacts on Hollow Dawn. In keeping with our commitment to transparency we wanted to share our discussion and decisions.
Events up until the the first game event:
First, we are choosing to either cancel or move online all official Dawn events from now through the end of April. With everything going on, and Colorado having a “stay at home” policy, we decided it would be the best choice, even if they lift the “stay at home” before the end of April.
Second, April 17th is when many counties are looking at reevaluating their policies regarding the stay at home policy/order. The Steering Committee will have another discussion at this point and release any further plans for the month of May on April 18th. We may not have enough information to make a final decision about the first game event at this time, but we will let you know as much information as we can, while looking at the status of Covid-19 in Colorado.
The First Game Event:
We are in a bit of a wait-and-see mode concerning the first event, scheduled for May 29-31. At this point, there isn’t enough data to really be able to predict what might happen and we are looking at all the options. Should that event need to be canceled, our strong preference would be to reschedule to another date. That possibility depends heavily on the Girl Scouts (who run the game site) and what decisions and commitments they have made. We are prepared to handle the situation regardless of what the Girl Scouts decide in order to make sure our community is safe.
Part of our discussion also revolved around our current GoFundMe. At this point we are uncomfortable running the current GoFundMe with everything going on surrounding Covid-19. We also don’t want to penalize the people that still wanted to donate for some of the benefits we are offering, but haven’t been able to until now. Past donations to our GoFundMe won’t change, that money will go to Hollow Dawn. But from now until May 1st, any money donated that does not immediately go to administrative costs (like GoFundMe fees, t-shirts, rulebooks, etc.) we will instead donate to a Colorado charity that benefits those impacted by Covid-19. All GoFundMe benefits will still apply (for past and new donations). We are working on how to choose the charity, and hope to make an announcement about that soon.
Thank you everyone for all your support for this project. We care so much about it, but we care more about the health and safety of our community. If you have any questions, feel free to message one of the Steering Committee members, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Also on April 6th we will be hosting a virtual town hall on Discord. You can find more information on Facebook at - https://www.facebook.com/events/918712098562739/
Mike, William, Dia, Taylor, Mac, and Jeff